Sunday, February 3, 2008

Good news to share!

For a change we have good news to share that has nothing to do with my medical condition. Andrea told us over Thanksgiving that she and Chris are going to have a baby!!!! But we had to wait until she was 3 months along until we could tell anyone. That was a really hard thing to do! Sorry that it took so long to get it on the blog. Needless to say, we are ecstatic about the news. He/she should be arriving around July 20. (Andrea is SURE that will be the exact date!)
Update on tests: I'm going tomorrow for another CAT scan of my lungs and abdoman. They want to see if everything is OK since I am stopping Sutent for a while. Oh, boy, more Barium to drink!
I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch with many of you lately. I've had a few setbacks that just make me want to sleep. Hopefully, while off of Sutent, things will improve.
Love to all of you,
Linda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the baby news.
Let us know if we can do anything.
Best of luck on the tests.

Dale & Trice

Kelli K said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing makes you feel better like holding a little one in your arms! It makes all right with the world. Now you have plenty of time to continue to improve, get the rest you need and gain back your strength. The Lord will provide!

I miss you! Can't wait for the day when we can share a glass of wine together again.
Love ya!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Congrats on news of no. one grandchild. We pray that everything will go well for all involved. Epecially for the grand parents. Take care, have faith, we love you guys, Frank and Dottie

Anonymous said...

What a rollercoaster..up & down...up & down...I am sorry to hear that the tests weren't better, but what a lucky baby to have you for grandparents. We have to get together again if you start feeling a little better. We'll take care of you and make you laugh I'm sure....laughter is the best medicine you know. I'll be in touch.
Love ya - Gina

ps - LOST...WOW - my bloodpressure goes up every week!!!too much!

Anonymous said...

This grandma club sure seems to be growing alot lately! (I guess it has something to do with OUR age!) Babies are all we want to talk about in the office these days! And pictures, pictures everywhere! As one of the newer members myself, let me "welcome you to the club"!!! Congratulations to all of you!
Love ya!
Nancy