Monday, March 10, 2008

A Blizzard Blows Andrea In

Hi, it's Linda this time, with Andrea typing. It's kind of surprising that she made it here. The last five times Andrea has flown to or from Cincinnati, her flights have been delayed or cancelled. But this time, at the end of the biggest snow storm of the year, her flight was somehow on time. She flew in at 6:50 PM Saturday night, and was only 30 minutes late to her cousin Eleanor's bridal shower. It was an interesting drive for all of us to get to the shower in Northern Kentucky, but we all made it and had a good time.

Our trip to the doctor last Friday was thankfully uneventful. He increased the Sutent to 37.5 mg per day and doubled the Marinol because my appetite has not yet increased. I'm trying to eat as much as I can but I'm still losing weight. My doctor will be out of town this Friday, so I get a two-week reprieve.

While Andrea's been home, we've been shopping for baby stuff, watching tennis and playing Set, as usual. We hope to take more walks and maybe do a little more shopping before she leaves tomorrow. These are pictures from our walk today. As you can see, we made it to the top of the street! Andrea's also cooking dinner for us tonight. Hooray! And the highlight of the weekend so far was that I felt the baby move just now. Blessings all around.

Stay warm, spring is just around the corner! Love, Linda

9 comments:

kmberk said...

Hi Linda & Jim,
Great pictures. Jack would be impressed with the thoroughness of the snow removal. Glad Andrea made it in. We dodged that bullet. At least in CO you can ski in it. Hope that your appetite returns and the drugs work magic.
Love,
Kathy & Jack

Unknown said...

Glad to see you walking in the winter wonderland!!!! Sending lots of love your way!!

Love ya!
LORA :)

Anonymous said...

That was like a miracle flight for Andrea! It was so good seeing you both. I hope your appetite and energy level continue to increase. You look great at the top of that street climb!
love, Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Linda and Jim,
It's good to see your smile.
Love and prayers
Mary Anne and Tim

Unknown said...

I second loras yay for walking in a winter wonderland! I'm glad you got to enjoy the snow! I miss snow! I miss you too! Lots of love and happy thoughts!

Sami

Unknown said...

I second loras yay for walking in a winter wonderland! I'm glad you got to enjoy the snow! I miss snow! I miss you too! Lots of love and happy thoughts!

Sami

Anonymous said...

Dear Jim and Linda

Glad to hear that you are doing fairly well. Lost track of you
(no computer) but we got a new one
and we can keep up with your progress. Keep up the good work,

Love Bobsy and Don

Anonymous said...

Once again, your positive attitude is so impressive! I, too, am very much looking forward to spring. How cool that you got to feel the baby move! Thinking of you always.
Love ya
Gina

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing Susan doesn't pull out of that driveway anymore, you're standing in harms way.