Friday, October 24, 2008

An Up and Down October

Oh, my! It's hard to believe that it's been so long since I've written to all of you. For those of you still checking in, I certainly appreciate your patience.

When we left you the last time I was being treated for the infection on my hand and off of the Nexavar for the weekend. Well, that really through me for a loop and for a few days I felt worse than I ever have. Fortunately, once back on the medication I gradually started to feel better and get back to my regular routine. Since then I've had some really good days when I could go out (like Pam's 50th birthday party and a sorority dinner) and some days when I just had to lay on the couch and recoup. This week I was pretty lethargic, but then we found out that my hemoglobin was low again, so I got another pint of blood yesterday. Usually this does the trick, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The next set of scans is next Tuesday, but we won't find out the results for a little while after that because Dr. Bahndari is in India right now. We'll keep you posted.

We're looking forward to next weekend when we travel again to see Eli (the cutest baby in the world), Andrea and Chris. Eli's going to be a pea pod on Halloween, so you may see a picture or two of him the next time! Obviously, we're anxious to see how he's grown and changed since the last time we were down there.

I guess that's it for now. As always, thanks a million for all of the continued thoughts and prayers. They keep me going in ways you cannot imagine.

Love ya! Linda

4 comments:

kmberk said...

Hi,
Looking forward to seeing you over the Thanksgiving break. Have a great time in Wilmington. We continue to hold you in our hearts.

Love,
Kathy & Jack

Susan W. said...

Thanks for the update. It always brightens my day to hear how strong you are. :)I hope I get to see you in Wilmington. I love to visit the cutest baby in the world too!

Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

You continue to inspire me with your strength and perseverance! I can't wait to see peapod Eli pictures! Safe travels and continued prayers!
Love ya!
Lora :)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, Jim,

right now you must be in Wilmington with Chris, Andrea and Eli. Probably there's no better place to be :-) for you.
I hope, you feel better after going back to the medication and have a calm, relaxed weekend.
I'll be thinking of you as I have every day for the past weeks.
I still hear your voice on the phone. It put me back in the past and I started going through my photo boxes in the basement - found some from the airport Vancouver, your family and mine. Long ago seemed like yesterday.

A hug for your kind heart

Christa