Friday, May 22, 2009

From Sue Niehaus

Today is May 18th. I am sure we are all thinking about and missing Linda this week as we remember the wonderful birthday party last year. If anyone reads this comment, how about we all submit a Linda moment or memory that celebrates her life.

Here's mine ...It may sound crazy, but I believe it with all my heart!!!!
Every morning I light a candle to welcome Linda's presence. Somedays I feel her more than others, but it's a wonderful way to begin your day. Two weeks ago, I hoped that it would be a day that I truly felt her presence. I was really missing her! When I welcomed her, I got a spontaneous answer in my heart that she was busy and couldn't sit with me because she was meeting Ghandi. It was so Linda, that I knew it was her talking to me. It was a GREAT feeling!!!!!!
Sue Niehaus

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Good idea, Sue. Two nights ago I watched "Dirty Dancing" and the whole time I remembered my mom loving that movie and trying to dance like Patrick Swayze. You know, at the end where he's dancing down the aisle with the other dancers behind him to meet Baby for the lift. She used to love that dance. I hope that someday she meets Patrick Swayze in heaven and he can show her how to do it for real!

Anonymous said...

Well, today is my birthday - yesterday was Linda's. I always loved sharing these days together. This is probably the first time in 10 or 12 years that we didn't get to tell each other happy birthday. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA- I love you.
Gina

Pamela D Roorbach said...

I imagine alot of you have gifts and mementos from Linda. My house is filled with them. For a long time I would glance at a gift and it would cause the ache to grow but now I see them and smile and remember. Sweet memories-and now "regifted" sweet memories that just keep giving.

Nancy O'Donohoe said...

My son Scott graduated from Badin in 2003, and held a special place in his heart for "Mrs. Wimmers". Scott had a strong affirmation for Sinatra (and still does) after a role he played in one of Badin's productions, and Linda, of course, knew this. At the Celebration that year, a Sinatra figure was part of the silent auction, and Scott was hoping to get the high bid. Little did he know that Linda was also bidding, and ended up the winner. Scott was so excited, and we were so touched that night to find that Linda had given Scott her "prize". I will never forget her wonderful smile and how she touched so many people ~ and made my son feel so very special that night. Thank you, Linda ~ and please keep watch over us all!

Anonymous said...

I got married May 2, and we remembered Linda in the petitions. She was such an important person in my life and I feel her spirit influence my students when I teach! Love ya Linda!

Lora Pateras (formerly Robinson) :)

Kelli said...

Sue--this is such a good idea. I've been thinking about Linda so much lately. About a month ago, I was walking our dog, listening to Delila and Wynona's Testify to Love came on. Right at that moment when the song came on, I was thinking about all of my Badin friends and how much I miss them, then the song came on! And if that wasn't a weird enough coincidence, I felt this odd sense of peace and love come over me, and I swear Linda was with me at that moment. I cried for the next two miles!