Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Fitting Tribute



I went over to Badin High School today and got to see Sue Niehaus, Gina Helms, Dirk Allen, Linda Weathers and Frank Margello. I just dropped by to see the new window to the Campus Ministry Office. The picture doesn't really do the artwork justice, and it really is a work of art. I'll try to get a better picture later, but these will have to do for now. It's just to the right of the main entrance to the school, where every student walks by, every morning. Gina says it's added a lot of pressure to her job now, knowing she has a legacy to live up to every time she walks into her office.
I imagine there will be a lot more posts in the coming weeks approaching the one year anniversary. Not sure what we'll do yet, but I will let you know.
Love ya,
Jim (& Linda)

8 comments:

Andrea said...

The window turned out great. I hope I can see it in person soon.

Anonymous said...

Jim-that turned out beautifully. It has class just like Linda. It IS a wonderful tribute.
Pam
PS I am so glad your mustache is back.

Unknown said...

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update on the window. It looks great even with a not great picture. Dawn and I will go over to see it in person to get the full effect. Hang in there!

Love, Chris and Dawn

Anonymous said...

Jim,

The window looks great. It's a great tribute for Linda.

Saran

Anonymous said...

Hi Wimmers',
I just wanted to add how honored & proud I am to work in the Linda Wimmers Office of Campus Ministry! She was such an inspiration, mentor and a huge supporter of Campus Ministry at BHS! So many of the programs & events put on by our office came through some discussions or ideas we had together! I'm lucky to have such an amazing guardian angel as a friend & (still) co-worker too! Thanks for letting Linda be such an important part of my life! Love to all-
Gina :)

Unknown said...

Jim - I am glad you came by to see the window! We were proud to have it installed before our annual Open House for all to see. Linda was a special part of our Badin family and I know she continues to guide us as we teach and nurture students at Badin High School.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and know we are thankful for you and Linda. -Angie Gray

Anonymous said...

Linda must be so pleased that the students are seeing such an inspirational story on a daily basis (although she is the real inspiration behind it all).
love,
Eleanor

Unknown said...

I love how the starfish story just ends up everywhere :o)