Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's crunch time!

Hello, everyone!
It's like a Christmas miracle! Since I got the extra quart of blood last week, I have felt like a new woman. I certainly have more energy now than I ever expected to have. I've even been out Christmas shopping (without a scooter!) and grocery shopping by myself. It's such a wonderful feeling to be driving again! Now the problem is that I only have a few days to do everything I can before the kids get home for Christmas on Saturday. But as I said before, this year everyone will understand.
I've been on 50 mg of Sutent since last Wednesday and we visit the doctor this Friday to talk with him about that. The last time he raised it to 75 mg, which is the highest dose, but if he wants to do that this time, I'll certainly ask to have it delayed until after the holidays. I don't want to spoil this good feeling! Also, I'm taking a medication to help increase my appetite and it is really doing the trick. I'm actually hungry now and certainly enjoying all of the goodies that friends are sending my way. Thanks so much!
This may be my last update for a while because things are getting a little hectic right now. Please know that my Christmas prayer this year will be for all of you who have been with me through these trying three months. I feel like I've had an army of supporters behind me every step of the way. I couldn't be more grateful, or more humbled. Love and Christmas blessings to all of you! Linda

11 comments:

Kelli K said...

That is the best blog I've read yet! Who knew someone could enjoy going to the grocery store so much! Be careful not to overdo it and take time to enjoy the magic that is Christmas with your family!!!

Love and peace,
Kelli

Joules Evans said...

How much fun was it running into you 17 times at Kroger today?! Totally made my day.

Anonymous said...

Linda, Glad to hear you are bouncing back & you enjoy having that appetite. I'm envious while I TRY to avoid all the goodies @ work! It would be so nice to see you at the "Porch of all Sorts" (w/the usual CE crowd on Fri. We can sit & relax while having a 'Corona' or 2. Hope to see you there. Love, Cindy

kmberk said...

Linda & Jim,
Enjoy the holidays. We're glad you're feeling good. We sure hope to see you in January. Hello to all the family from the Berkemeyers in Chicago.

Love,
Kathy & Jack

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
What wonderful news!!!
Hope it is just the beginnings of better times ahead!!! :-)

See you in 2008...when you really will be a medical miracle!!!

Love ya,
Deby

Andrea said...

Mom, You know you don't have to do anything to get ready for us. We will just be happy to see you and dad and enjoy your new-found energy! Can't wait to see you!

Susan said...

Knowing you are feeling like yourself again is a great Christmas present to the people who love you. Thank you! And enjoy your holidays. I hope I can squeeze in somewhere to say hi.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Wimmers,
I hope that you have a great Christmas and am so happy that you are feeling better. It sounds like many of our prayers are being answered. I always think of our senior year math class this time of year since we had the Christmas party for Nick when his family was going threw hard times. It always reminds me of the great people we are surrounded by and the great teachers that we had like you that help shape us that way. I want to thank you for all you have done for everyone and I continue to pray for you during the holidays that you are able to spend time with those you love. Merry Christmas

Love,

Danny Carley

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs Wimmers,
20 years after life at Badin, I had a whim to pop onto the school website and see what it looks like. One of the first things I found is your blog. I want to to let you know how much I remember and appreciate you as a part of my high school life and that I'm sending warm wishes and positive energy your way today. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are feeling more energized!

We missed you at the "Burns Brunch" but you were in our thoughts.

Bev

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim and Linda,

Saw Mary Anne yesterday. Linda she said you are amazing and doing really good. So glad to hear it. I know you look great in the pictures you've posted.

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and I hope your New Year is filled with continued success in fighting off cancer.

Love ya,

Judy Bosse