Sunday, January 20, 2008

This is getting tiring...

Hello friends and family,

Right now I'm sitting next to Tony and working with him on this latest update. Tony's home for the weekend (yay!) because Beth was in California for an interview and he decided that 15 degrees was better than -5.

I'm sorry that it's been so long since I updated this blog myself, but Jim always does such a good job of explaining the medical side of things. What would I do without him to stay on top of all the details that keep piling up?

I was so happy to get to be able to attend my cousin Jerry's son's wedding last Saturday night and even managed to dance a couple dances with my family. I was pretty wiped out by the end, but I was able to relax all the next day.

This week, though, it's been up and down. Some days I've been extremely weak, but other days I've even had enough energy to go out. I'm still not driving yet, so I'm relying on the generosity of family and friends.

On Thursday I had more tests done, and when we went to get the results from Dr. Bandari he told us that my thyroid levels were even higher than last time, so he's doubling my thyroid medication. Most of my other blood counts were lower than than normal, but not so low that I'd need a blood transfusion yet. Dr. Bandari says that it's the combination of all the medications together, especially with Sutent, that's causing me to be tired and weak. I'm going back in two weeks for more tests, so we should know more then.

Since I haven't written anything on the blog myself since Christmas, I haven't had the opportunity yet to thank the many people who were so thoughtful of me around Christmastime. All the cards and gifts really helped to brighten the holiday season this year. I loved every gift I got - and I'm struggling right now to put it into words, but they had a huge effect on how fully I was able to feel the joy and friendship of the Christmas season.

Fortunately, Tony is the ultimate organizer. Today we're going to go through some of my dad's old pictures (while we watch the games, of course). Tony even brought his cheese-headware for the Packers game. Go Green Bay!

Love ya,

Linda

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda,

Good to hear from you! I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Glad to hear you could dance at the wedding as I always think of you when I hear the song "I hope you dance" (It was your Kairos song for my retreat.) Keep staying positive!
Love ya!
Lora :)

Susan said...

Glad to get an update. I talked to Andrea the other night but it's still nice to hear about things from you. I hope the meds can get straightened out so you have more energy. I know they must be pretty intense to slow down Linda Wimmers! Keep the faith and know that the Jacksons always keep you in our thoughts and hearts.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear what's happening. I think of you every day and hope that some of this medicine does what it's supposed to instead of making you feel worse! Know that you're in my thoughts & prayers. I'll be in touch SOON!
Love ya lots
Gina

becky long said...

Hey, Linda! Wanted to let you know that Colt Joseph Long was born last Thursday, Jan. 17. He is healthy and beautiful and we both are great! I prayed for you through my contractions (was great not to be focused on myself in those moments!). I will be sending pics. as soon as I get some sleep! :) Love ya! Becky

Anonymous said...

Hello Linda and Jim,
I'm Cynthia and I share an office with your lovely daughter Andrea. I've known about your illness for awhile now, but Andrea told me about this blog today. I wanted you to know how much it has touched me. I've been reading it all afternoon and came straight home from work to finally finish reading at 8:50 pm! It's probably one of the most inspriational things I have seen in a long time, if ever. I have to say I admire you and your family/friends for so many reasons. But, mainly for your faith, hope and love for each other. It is truely inspiring. I want to thank you for your fight and for sharing it in this way. I will continue to follow your successful progress. As I wish you godspeed on this journey in your life.
Many blessings for you and your "fans"
Cynthia (a brand new fan)

Anonymous said...

Linda,
It's so wonderful to read all the other comments and hear how many lives you continue to touch. I would love to see some of Grandpa's pictures you went through! How fun. See you at the family dinner.
Love, Eleanor