Tuesday, June 17, 2008

won't be long!

Hi!
I know it's been a while since I wrote to everyone, but there really isn't any new news on the medical front. My doctor continues to be pretty amazed that I'm doing so well, so we're continuing with the Torisel as long as we can. On the weekends I get to take a little more of the steroid medication and that helps my energy level a lot.
Of course our attention right now is focused on Andrea and the new baby. She is due on July 20th, so we're trying to figure out when we should go down there, how long to stay, etc. If she goes early, I'm not sure what the plan will be! Another consideration is that we have to arrange for me to get my chemotherapy treatment while I'm down there. Unfortunately, I can't miss even one week's treatment.
So the summer is going very well for me. I feel very fortunate to be feeling so well at this most exciting time in our lives. All of those prayers must really be doing the trick! Thank you all.

Love ya! Linda

4 comments:

Susan W. said...

I'm happy to hear that things are going well. I can't wait to see you in Wilmington. All of the worrying about logistics and planning will melt away when you are holding your grandson. :) Of course, I'll be happy to help in anyway I can when you are here.

Love,
Susan

Unknown said...

I was so thrilled to read the last few posts!!!! It is so exciting to hear things are going so well!!!! You and Andrea and the baby and the whole family are in our prayers!!!!

Love ya!
Lora ;)

kmberk said...

Hi Linda and Jim,
We hope the news continues to get even better. We'll be down to Cinci sometime this summer. Jack was hit on the Tonight Show warmup when we were in LA. He sang "Sweet Caroline" and really got the audience going. He also loved the Mustang convertible with the Beach Boys blaring on the 405.

Love,
Kathy & Jack

Anonymous said...

Jim and Linda,

It's great to hear the new treatment is working. And I know you can't wait for that grand baby to get here. I'm sure all the arrangements will fall into place. Make sure to give the baby and his parents a big hug and kiss from his relatives in Delhi. Can't wait to see pictures. Have a safe and wonderful trip to Wilmington!

Love ya,

Judy Bosse