Saturday, June 7, 2008

more good news


I guess it has been a while since I've written to all of you....but I do have an excuse! We went on Tuesday to have my follow-up brain MRI done and we were lucky enough to hear the preliminary report from the doctor right away. It was all good news. The original tumor has been shrunk to the size of a pin head (follow the arrow on the picture) and, just as important, there are no new sights or tumors. We were afraid to pass on this news to everyone right away because we wanted to wait for the final report from the radiologist, which we finally got yesterday. So the radiation seems to have worked and the brain tumor is no longer a worry--at least for now.
I just have to go back every 3 months for more scans. Needless to say, we were quite relieved.

I continue to do quite well on Torisel. I still get low-grade fevers about 3 or 4 times a week, but usually a few Tylenol will do the trick. My energy level is so much higher than when I was on Sutent and I've been doing some "normal" things once again. Jim even went to work two days in a row while Andrea has been here this weekend. Let's hope this all continues for a long time... at least until the end of July when the baby comes!
Thanks for your continued support and prayers.
Love ya!
Linda

10 comments:

Fred and Diane said...

Great News!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm in tears. I love you. Here's to hope. Gina

Unknown said...

Wow! That is such good news! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Anonymous said...

When you feel good we all feel good! I'm sure more energy makes such a huge difference for you! That's awesome.
love, Eleanor

Unknown said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome. So good to hear this! Love and miss you.

Susan said...

The prayers are working. Here's to more good news in the future. We love you!

Unknown said...

Wow that is fantastic news! I'm so glad the new medicine helps you do more 'normal' things again! I love you bunches and am so excited you got some good news!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news Ms. Linda!!
Thank you for sharing that with us.

Jeremy and Rae
Andrea and Chris'friends

Anonymous said...

Linda and Jim,

What wonderful news! Enjoy every minute of it.


Toni Greer

Anonymous said...

Jim and Linda

That is such great news!!! We'll keep the prayers up. It was so nice seeing you a few weeks ago.

Donna Knese