Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A day out!

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!
Well, I had my best day yet yesterday--no pain and pretty much energy. I even felt well enough to go to TriCounty with Andrea and do some shopping. Fortunately, we were able to borrow a scooter because I would not have been able to walk for that long. We only had one slight mishap when I "almost" knocked over a mannequin! Some of the aisles were a little narrow to manuever, but I got the hang of it after a while. We had a great day and it was nice to do something "normal" like that with Andrea.
Today was a little different. I guess I overdid it a little yesterday because my energy level today was really low. I just never know from one day to the next.
Andrea continues to clobber me at Set, so it's not me that everyone should be afraid of on Friday night, it's Andrea. We have my family's Thanksgiving that day and then I surely hope to be able to make it over to Badin in the evening. I can't wait to see everyone and thank them for all of the prayers and good wishes that have come my way. I'll try to take it easy to build up my strength for that big night.
Until then, love to all of you,
Linda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my students shared this prayer with the class. When I heard it, it reminded me of you.

Jan G. :-)


Be Strong and Don't Give Up

Remember, there is a deeper strength and an amazing abundance of peace available to you.
Draw from this well; call on your faith to uphold you.
You will make it through this time and find joy in life again.
Be strong and don't give up.
I know you are going to make it, and my love and prayers are with you.
Amen.

--Pamela Owens Renfro

kmberk said...

Hi Linda,
Have a great holiday. We plan on stopping in on Saturday. We'll give you a call to see if that will work for you. Looking forward to seeing you.

Kathy & Jack

Unknown said...

I have lovely visions of you scooting through the mall -- wind in your hair and Andrea trying to keep up!! Glad you got a day out and looking forward to seeing you friday! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Jim and Linda

We wish you and your family a very
Happy Thanksgiving!

Donna, Alex, Josh and Katie Knese

Anonymous said...

When I think of all the things I am thankful for in my life, I think of getting to know you - and having you for a friend - right up there at the top of my list! You are truly an inspiration to everyone! I am so happy you were able to get out for some "normal" time. You all deserve it!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Nancy G.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda!
I hope your Thanksgiving is a good one. I was so sorry to miss the gathering at Sue's house, but David and I went to Clemson, SC for the weekend to visit my parents. We had a great time--saw Clemson beat Wake Forest. I just wanted to wish you and your family a happy holiday, and to let you know that my girls and I will be saying a special prayer for you at our dinner table today. You are often in our prayers. By the way--take it easy on those scooters!

Kathy J.