Monday, November 12, 2007

No news is good news

Hi, everybody!
It's Linda this time. I was starting to feel guilty that we hadn't updated the blog lately! Tony and Beth were home this weekend, so free time was at a premium. There's not a lot to tell on the medical front, but for the first time in about two months I was able to go out with my friends. What a joy! Sue and Gina planned a get-together on Friday night for a lot of the adults who had been on the Kairos retreats from Badin HS together. Fr. Greg happened to be in from St. Louis and he agreed to have a home Mass for all of us. It was truly a special evening and everyone there showed me such wonderful love and support that I was just overwhelmed.
Unfortunately that evening kind of whiped me out so that I was not able to attend the fund raiser for the Aids hospice in Africa which was the next evening. I had hoped to travel to Africa this January with my cousin, Connie Naber, who is building this hospice. ButI found out about my cancer just when we were to make plane reservations. What a bummer! Anyway, my sister,Pam, said the event was a big success and that Connie had done a terrific job.
I continue to do well on the higher dose of Sutent. I haven't noticed any different side effects and I feel pretty well most days. Right now the only concern is my high blood pressure (which is getting even higher) but my doctor is working to get that down.
Thanks to all of you for staying in touch and for all the prayers you are sending my way. Not for one second have I felt alone in this fight.
Love ya!!!! Linda

12 comments:

Jim and Linda Wimmers said...

Hi,
Jim here, of all places. I just noticed after a whole day that somehow one of the settings got changed that did not allow comments to this, Linda's most recent post. Obviously, based on this comment, I think that's been fixed.

Anonymous said...

hi mrs. wimmers!! we love you and hope for nothing but the best!!
love the baden family girls :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Wimmers!! I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya, Stephanie Hinsgbergen
P.S. Read any good books lately!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, just got back from the ALM dinner. We all miss you and look forward to you joining us again. Just to let you know we continue to pray for you and we're thinking of you. Lana

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Wimmers! I just got on here because I heard about your blog through facebook. I have wanted to get ahold of you since my mom told me you were sick. I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and thinking about you. You helped me a lot through senior year and through leading Kairos and you have always held a special place in my heart! I hope you feel better soon!

Love ya!

Megan Collins

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda! I sure hope that appetite keeps on the up and up b/c you'll need to prepare it for the big turkey dinner! See you soon- maybe Sunday for the game??
Love, Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda. Really glad to hear you were able to go out last Friday, and that you are feeling a bit better. Hopefully the meds continue to help. The thoughts and prayers of our family continue to be with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda & Jim
I just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed being with BOTH of you on Friday night. I am so grateful that we had that amazing time. Please know that if you need ANYTHING don't hesitate to call. ALso, we're doing a little GAME NIGHT at Badin in your honor on the day after Thanksgiving. We'll be in the PFAC around 7 or so. Everyone who reads this is more than welcome to come. I'll be in touch Linda. Love ya all
Gina :)

Brian and Kathleen said...

Linda,
We are praying for you. You are the strongest person I know. Keep smiling and staying positive. Your in our prayers.

Brian and Kathleen Pendergest

Barb & Mark said...

Linda- Glad Jim was able to fix the comments section- I thought it was my tech skills that were in error.
It is good to hear positive news. You are in our thoughts. Maybe we can stop by sometime for a quick visit? We've both been under the needle.
Happy Thanksgiving early!
Mark & Barb

Anonymous said...

Linda and Jim

The Gamm's are praying for your family. The kids have all had stories they have been sharing since I told them about you. Linda, Sarah wants to know how "lead foot" is doing?

Tom shared some thoughts also about how he always thought of you as a "classy" person who never had a bad thing to say about anybody.

You all will continue to be in our daily prayers.

love
The Gamm's

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Wimmers,

I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.