Sunday, May 18, 2008

somethin's working!

Hello, everyone!
Well, it's nice to report some good news. I had a really good week last week...after the hospital stay. The Toricel treatments seem to be working, at least at making me feel less lethargic. I've had the stamina to walk up steps by myself!! and do a little housework like ironing and washing dishes. I know that doesn't sound like fun for most of you, but since I haven't been able to do it for a while, it sure gives me a great feeling of accomplishment. I'll be getting these treatments once a week for as long as I can tolerate the medication. Let's hope it's for a long time!
By the way, my first kidney operation was a year ago last Thursday. I've made it this far with all of your support and prayers. I'm constantly saying prayers of thanks for all of you....you're doing a great job!!!!
Love ya!
Linda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda and Jim,
This is wonderful news! God loves you so much! So do we. I don't think I could ever enjoy ironing though.
Love and prayers.
Tim and Mary Anne

Susan said...

So glad to hear somethin's working. That's an answer to many people's prayers. I can't wait to see you next weekend when Andrea is home and give you a great big hug.

Anonymous said...

Linda,

If you are done with your housework and want more to do, you can walk up the street and work on ours. By the way, you looked great on Saturday. We're glad you feel much better. See you later.

Saran

Anonymous said...

Who knew someone would be happy to wash dishes or iron? But, hey, I can understand enjoying the simple things;) You just keep on 'keepin on' Linda! We check your blog almost every day and you are quite an inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!!
(ps.. hope you enjoyed your Mothers Day, you deserved it)
Cynthia (wilm)

Mary Horn said...

Thanks for the great news! So happy to hear you are feeling good. I will have a smile on my face tonight while I do the dishes, thinking of you.
Love you much,
Mary Jane

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are feeling well!! You can come do my ironing and dishes any time!! (I kid, I kid.) Many prayers for continued good health!!!!
Love ya!
Lora :)

Kelli K said...

Next time I complain about housework, I will definitely think of you!

Smiles!
:-)
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Linda and Jim,

So happy to hear that you are feeling better. I'm always praying for you!!!

ooxx

Bev

kmberk said...

Hi Linda,
Glad to hear things are going better. Happy BD. I always think of you on the 21st, since we have back to back BDs. Hope it finds you celebrating.
Love,
Kathy & Jack