Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thanks galore!

Hi, all! Linda here:
Now that things have calmed down from the weekend, I certainly feel that I need to add my two cents worth to Jim's last entry. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who helped to plan my wonderful surprise party, especially Andrea, Jim and Tony. I can't believe how much work Andrea did to put that all together...and from Wilmington! Thanks to all those who helped with deck furniture, drinks and overall organization. As I tell you often, you are the best!
I was overwhelmed by the number of people here and by all those who came from out of town. Thank you all so much for making my day a true surprise in so many ways. God was certainly shining down on me that day with family and good friends surrounding me on a beautiful day in May. It reminded me once more how truly blessed I am.
Just a little health update: since the party I've felt pretty well, except that about every other day I get "cancer fevers" even though I am on a constant regimen of Tylenol. We don't know why these come up now and then, but at least they do subside after a while. Tomorrow I go for another Toricel treatment, but I'm also getting 2 units of blood because my hemoglobin level is really low. Should be a fun 6 hours in the hospital!
Good-bye for now. Love you all!
Linda

No comments: