Monday, November 10, 2008

A Quick Update

Lots to tell, just no time to tell it! So I'll have to make this quick.
For those of you keeping score at home, The CT scan results are in, and after some initial confusion at Christ Hospital, the radiologist's conclusion is that there has been no significant changes in the tumors since the August 5th scan. This is really the best that we could have hoped for. It means that Linda has been "progression free" for almost 3 months. Bhandari said he continues to be surprised, as Linda is the only patient in his experience for whom Nexavar has been effective after "progressing" on Sutent.
Unfortunately, there have been some downsides as well. Linda needed a blood transfusion again last Thursday, making it twice in the last three weeks. Foot sores have been very painful, and Linda has been suffering through a severe bout of chronic fatigue. So right now, we're trying to make the best of it, and looking forward to Thanksgiving with the kids.
I'll try to fill in the rest of the details later when I have more time.
TTFN,
Jim

6 comments:

ChelleSmiles said...

Congratulations on being progression-free! This is good news, I hope it continues.

I wish I had suggestions with regards to offering condolences to your doctor, but I'm drawing a blank.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Great news! We need to find a time to see you two. Just let us know when is good.
We're always thinking of you.
Barb & Mark

Anonymous said...

Eli's costume reminds me of our Two peas in a pod" picture collage. Thanks Eli for the memory!

Sue N

Joules Evans said...

Thank God! Praying for you; fighting with you. Love from around the corner!

Cheers,
Julie

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are progression free! It doesn't surprise me that you are doing better than others on this drug -- you have always been unique and special! I hope the negative side effects lessen for the thanksgiving season.
Love ya!
Lora :)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, Jim,
It's a pity we don't celebrate anything like Halloween in Germany. Would be great to have something so colourful and creative to look at in a month as dull as November.
Eli is the sweetest pea I've ever seen outside a plate ;-)
As for your doctor : I'd just show him you care in whatever words come from your heart when you see him and he'll feel your honesty in them.
With "honor" do you mean giving him a thank-you-present?
In case that's what you mean, it could perhaps be something typical for the town, you're from. So that you can say : it's from my "home" or my "hometown".
Or if you can find out from the nurses, what kind of music he likes, a classical CD would be very sincere, I think.
Linda, I'm so happy about the results of your latest CT. It shows the stuff works!!
One of our neighbours has been on his second anti-cancer-drug for the last 3 years - without progression.
Hold on! I hope so much, that the side effects vanish or at least lighten in proceeding.
A hug from Klaus...

christa