Sunday, November 30, 2008

Remembering Linda

We invite all of you to join us in celebrating Linda’s life. A visitation will be held from 5-9 pm on Tuesday, December 2 at St. John the Evangelist Church, 9080 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, West Chester. From 8-9 pm, a podium will be available to give everyone an opportunity to share favorite stories about Linda.

We will also have a large display of our favorite pictures of Linda at the visitation. We invite anyone attending to bring a favorite picture of Linda. A blank poster board will be available to display your pictures. (If you would like your pictures returned, please mark them clearly.)

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 9:30 am on Wednesday, December 3, also at St. John the Evangelist Church.

Memorial donations may be directed to the Linda J. Wimmers Scholarship Fund at Badin High School (http://www.badinhs.org/index.asp) or to the Karama Connection (http://www.karamaconnection.org/).

4 comments:

becky long said...

I'm praying for you guys. I'm praying for moments of peace, of rest, and of joy in the midst of sadness.

Anonymous said...

Jim, Andrea and Tony

I am sorry I was not able to make the services for Linda. I will always remember her as the kindest, friendliest person ever, always smiling, just like in the picture. You are all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Donna Knese

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I was not able to attend the services but I heard a great story about Linda from a former student I would like to share with you. It is so Linda. Apparently she fould a cookie tin in her classroom one day and no one knew where it came from. Linda was able to put the tin to good use -from then on it was a different student's job every week to take the tin home and bake cookies and then bring the cookies into class to share with the class. I hear that there were many a cookie recipe shared in that class.

What a great memory.

Also I remember all the random acts of kindness that she performed and encourged others to do RAK

Tom & Nancy Gamm

Anonymous said...

To all the Bloggers, I just want to take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it was meeting most of Linda’s supporters at the visitation and funeral. I think we all dream of a new posting about Linda saying that this is just a nightmare, but knowing that she was loved by so many people, we know that her dreams can still come true through each and every one of us. Her final challenge to us is to continue to make a difference and to carry on her wonderful spirit.
Sue N