Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finally, some time to breathe!

To my wonderful family and friends:
Well, we had the last of the "fact finding" appointments yesterday, this one with Dr. Bhandari, an oncologist with Mercy Fairfield, and now we're in the waiting phase to see when I can be scheduled for pre-testing in Boston and then admission. Dr. Bhandari was extremely nice and helpful. At first he thought that it was unwise for me to seek treatment in Boston, but after telling him all the reasons we had, he said that if it were him he would go for it, too, since it's the only chance of a true cure. He also said that if that treatment didn't work he would be happy to work with me in the future on which medications, or combinations of medications, would be the best next step. Needless to say, when Jim and I left that appointment we were just so relieved that the first step was over and that we felt very comfortable that our decision to go to Boston was the right one.
So now I do have a little time to be my normal self for a while. We have a rather busy weekend planned with family and friends, so we'll have some time to think of other things besides cancer and treatments. It'll be good to have some down-time! I'll probably say this at the end of each blog, but thank you all so much for your support, prayers and love. Each card or message means the world to me and is definitely helping to carry me through this time.
Love you all!!!! Linda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are getting support from your doctors, that must be very reassuring that you are making the right choice. I am also glad that after so many days of appointments, doctors, and unpleasant discussions, that you can take some down time to simply enjoy life. I continue to pray for you daily!!

Love ya!
Lora :)

Erica Kennedy said...

I too am so so glad to hear you are making the right choices. Enjoy your time before Boston and relax a little! We are praying for you. I wish I could be there to play sets with you, but you would just beat the pants off me anyway. Love, Erica