Saturday, September 29, 2007

We're off!

Hi, all!
Here's the latest update:
I was fortunate to get a call from the scheduling nurse in Boston saying that they had scheduled all of my pre-admission tests for this Monday. This means that if I'm cleared for treatment, I'll be starting with the hospital stay on Tuesday, the 9th. It would have been Monday, but apparently they celebrate Columbus Day in a big way up there! You'd think Columbus landed in Massachusetts! I'll be in the hospital until the 15th if all goes well, and then get to come home for a week. My next week of treatment would then start on the 22nd and I'd be home the 28th or 29th. I'd be able to stay home during the entire month of November with just a couple of one day visits back to Boston for new scans, etc. If the scans show improvement, we'll start the whole process again in December and then as many as 4 more times until all of the cancer is gone.
Another fortunate thing: the rooms in Boston are set up so that Jim will be able to stay with me at all times. That will certainly be a big comfort to both of us. He'll have his laptop with him, of course, so he'll be able to bring you updates as the week goes on.
So, please say an extra prayer that I pass all of the screening tests so I can begin treatment on the 9th. I'm anxious to start the battle. Thanks for all the love you've shown.
Love ya!!!! Linda

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I will pray that the scans go well. It sounds like a great set up in Boston, so I am glad that it has worked out so far, and I hope it continues to work out well. I am so inspired by your courage and strength and wish you peace and continued determination.

Love ya!
lora :)

Pam said...

I am so glad that Jim can stay with you. That is such a comfort to me I imagine it's beyond awesome for you guys. It's hard to realize and get my head wrapped around that fact that the fight is on. My heart aches. But, I marvel at your positive attitude and your courage to go into this swinging. Love you guys.

Pam

Lot's of detail Jim.

Fred and Diane said...

Our prayers are with you on the journey. We'll check the blog for updates. Keep up the positive attitude.

Fred and Diane

Beverly said...

If you need us to do anything while you are away, don't hesitate to let us know. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers everyday!

xxoo

Bev

Lana Rutterer said...

Linda, we are all praying for you. I'm sure everything will go well. You have such a positive attitude, which is sooooo important! Take care, Lana

Kelli K said...

Hi Linda,
I was in San Fran for a conference and I am just getting up to speed on all of the news. I'm so glad to have this way to stay in touch with you. To say that I'm praying for you and thinking about you is such an understatement. You are on my mind constantly and my rosary hasn't seen this much action in awhile. I love you. I admire you. You inspire me.

Love and blessings to you,
Kelli

Susan said...

Good luck with the tests. I will be thinking about you!

Jill said...

...Hmm. The 9th so happens to be the last day of my fall break; I'll have to see if I can rustle up a posse (or at least someone to go along). Boston's near enough for a day trip.
Hope things continue to go well.
-Gillian

Breese said...

Hi Andrea's mom!!!! I hope all goes well for you. I have nothing but the best thoughts and wishes for you. I will be pulling very hard for you.

kmberk said...

Linda & Jim,
We're glad that you can start the battle. We expect total victory. You should be receiving something from the Chicago Berkemeyers tomorrow.

Love,
Kathy & Jack