Saturday, September 22, 2007

Update for Sept 22nd

Hi, all!
It's me again! There isn't a whole lot of news to report, but I wanted to let you know about our trip to UC yesterday. Long story short, the doctor there is just starting a study combining Sutent with a new medication AMG 286. It's sponosored by a drug company and I would be the first UC patient in the study. Also, no one is being administered IL2 right now at UC, so I would be the only one to do it there. We were not too impressed, but the doctor did tell us that Dr. Atkins in Boston was like "Mr IL2", so it made us feel better about the decision to go up there on Tuesday.
The pace around here has slowed a little, mainly because you can't call doctors' offices on the weekends!! So we're just waiting for Monday to come when we start the hectic schedule of appointments next week.
Thanks so much to all of you who have done research or given us connections to others who have gone through this same ordeal. We're in the process of contacting some of these people and hope to find out more about treatments of the disease and their experiences.
Thanks, too, for all of the calls and cards. I'm overwhelmed by everyone's support and love and prayers.

Love ya all!!! Linda

7 comments:

Heather said...

Linda & Jim
This is a great way to keep us all informed. Be strong. You are in our thoughts and hearts
Heather & Bob

Erica Kennedy said...

This is a great idea and I love seeing all the pictures! I have hope that next week will be full of experts and treatments. You are strong. I am constantly thinking of you, Andrea, Jim and Tony. NEVER GIVE UP!

Susan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I will check your blog every day for updates. You rule.

kmberk said...

Linda,
We hope that this week brings positive reports and good options. You are constantly in our thoughts.

Jack and Kathy

Joel Sack. said...

Good luck today, Mrs. Wimmers...I pray that all goes well.

Love ya!
J. Sack.

Unknown said...

Mrs. Wimmers,

I am praying for you!! Know we all love you very much!

Love ya!
LORA :)

chrisbdawn said...

Hi Linda,

I surprised myself and was able to acess your site. Wow, my first blog! I am thinking about you, and was just about to call when I saw your email invitation to get on your web site. Great idea! We shall keep you in our prayers as you travel to Boston this week.

I was glad to hear the Mammogram came out O.K.

Dawn