Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day Four

Quite a lot of progress today. Linda ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ok, ok, breakfast was half a bowl of cheerios, lunch was soup and dinner was soup, but we're celebrating anyway. Lots of force-fed Ensure in between as well. We cut way back on the nausea meds that were making her drowsy all the time. We also went outside and walked around the circle 3 times.

Breathing is still a chore for her. We were able to find a Pulse Oximeter like they have in the hospital that measures oxygen levels in your blood. I think that convinced her to take this deep breathing stuff more seriously, and by the end of the evening she was able to maintain 95%--not great, but better than it was earlier in the day.

So we're looking forward to tomorrow. Solid food, here we come!

Linda and Jim

5 comments:

Pam said...

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Wimmers... it's my first time writing on here because I just heard about the website. Glad to hear you're doing better and being so brave through everything. You're always in my heart and prayers! You're such an amazing person and you made such a wonderful impact on my life as a teacher... Good luck with the treatments and I'll be praying for you...

Mindy Roark

the theurers said...

Linda,
Ive been told I need to keep my head where my feet are.Njoy the day 2day (family, friends, weather). Love, david

BostonDigs said...

Way to go, Linda! Looking forward to seeing you in Boston.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Wimmers!! I have been keeping up with your blog, and I just wanted to let you know how much I admire your strength and incredible attitude. You are in my thoughts everyday. Stay strong!

love ya!

-Beth Toerner