Monday, October 15, 2007

Slowly but surely


Sorry this post is so late, but Google's blogger service was down earlier.

So it's been a day of slow improvement. Linda ate a little real food for breakfast, the first time in 3 days (thanks to Dunkin Donuts). The hardest part of the day for all of us was when Andrea left at 11am. But by then at least Linda was able to get out of bed. Around 2pm they disconnected her from the constant IV drip and gave her Lasix to start reversing the fluid retention problems. There was still fluid in her lungs, so she still has oxygen to keep her blood oxygen level up. At 9pm, they've decreased the oxygen flow and the plan is by the morning it will be off completely. The other big problem right now is just being weak from lying in bed most of the time. We've taken to strolling down the hallway occasionally with a portable oxygen tank to build up her strength for the walk through the airport tomorrow (I'm sure she's going to refuse to get a wheelchair). Then lots of napping in the afternoon, and a real dinner.

If anything, Linda's getting a little impatient that it's taking longer than she wanted to start feeling better. We're really looking forward to getting on that plane tomorrow.


Love ya all,


Linda and Jim


Andrea, thank you so much. we don't know what we would have done without you.

9 comments:

kmberk said...

Linda & Jim,
We hope that tomorrow brings a lot of strength and a smooth flight home. If they make you take your shoes off, just kick them.
Love,
Kathy & Jack

cat...we live in said...

I can't wait for you to feel better, mom. I hope when you wake up in the morning, you will have turned a corner. I totally understand your impatience, just hang in there. THANK YOU again for going through what must have been hell. It will be WORTH IT!!! Keep remembering why you're doing this. We love you!!!

Andrea and Chris

camarrow42 said...

Linda & Jim,

Wishing you an uneventful journey home tomorrow. Tressie and the Trestle-ites [sounds like a rock band] will be happy to have you back where you belong.

The Meeks

Unknown said...

Linda & Jim,
Just want you to know thoughts and prayers are coming even from old friends you haven't seen in ages. We're hearing stories of amazing courage. Hang in there.

Larry & Mary Ann Tiemeier

Ann T said...

Linda and Jim, I am so thankful you are ready to go home and rest. I hope your trip home is smooth. I hope you are reading the blog that the cats are writing. What a life! Love, Ann T

patty said...

Good morning,
what do you mean Linda won't want to use a wheelchair at the airport, are you kidding me! I'm always so jealous of those people who get to use a wheelchair, most of them look perfectly fine to me! My plantar facieitis always flares up walking thru the airport but do I get a wheelchair. NO! Linda, don't be a hero, use the wheelchair
save your strenght for something important, like cheering for the Bengals, I mean the Bearcats!
hope to see you home today!
patty

Susan said...

Take it easy, but get on home as soon as you can. I know you will feel 1000% better in the comfort of your own home! Glad to hear you're getting back to normal soon.

MrsGersbach said...

Linda, already i'm thinking that the power of prayer is obvious in you and your beautiful family! I can't wait to see you back in the halls of Badin - whenever you want to visit, your friends are ready to share the hugs! Your blog is a wonderful connection for all of us. Thank you for sharing with us. Rest and be well. (P.S. you look pretty cute in the gown!) Love, Nancy

MrsGersbach said...

OK,I just saw that my account identifies me as Mrs. Gersbach. Sheesh! That's because it's my school account and I didn't set up a new one. Sorry about the formality! Hugs, Nancy